Russian flour millers appealed to the Government to limit wheat exports
The Russian Union of flour milling and groats enterprises asked Dmitry Medvedev, Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, to realize containment measures for 3-grade wheat exports under the current legislation terms in the first half of 2014 by substituting the export volumes with wheat of lower qualitative indices. The corresponding letter was published at the website of the Union on December 20.
According to the document, the qualitative characteristics of wheat of the harvest-2013 leave much to be desired. According to monitoring of the Federal State Budgetary Organization Russian Agricultural Center, the quality of grain harvest in 2013 shows that the share of milling wheat totals 72.7%, including 3-grade wheat - 32.7%, and 4-grade wheat – 40%, or nearly 17 mln tonnes and 20 mln tonnes, respectively.
All resources of 3-grade wheat, taking into account the carry-over stocks of previous years and the imports from Kazakhstan, will not to exceed 20 mln tonnes, including nearly 7 mln tonnes of seeds and 5 mln tonnes already shipped for exports. Thus, in 2013/14 MY Russian flour millers will have only 8 mln tonnes of 3-grade wheat for processing at flour, or only 42% of the need for the grain (19 mln tonnes) to produce flour that meets the GOST requirements. Therefore, flour millers have to cover the remaining 58% of the demand (11 mln tonnes) with 4-grade wheat with gluten content of 18-22%.
You should be authorized to post comment
In the third week of June, the Russian seaports decreased grain export volumes
In July 2017, Russia to export nearly 2.5 mln tonnes of grains - Rusagrotrans
Growing of agricultural exports is the development priority for the Russian agro-industrial complex - Ministry of Agriculture
June 23, 10:20
Organization of large-scale supplies of Russian wheat to China requires some time - COFCO
June 22, 14:00
In January-April of 2017, Russia exported over 10 mln tonnes of cereal crops - Rosstat
June 22, 11:25
In January-May of 2017, Russia increased agricultural production - Rosstat
June 21, 12:00
Russia: as of June 1, grain stocks totaled over 18.5 mln tonnes – Rosstat
June 21, 11:00
In June, Turkey to become the main destination for Russian grain exports - Rusagrotrans
June 20, 15:00
As of June 1, Russia planted spring grains and pulses throughout 27.1 mln ha – Rosstat
June 20, 11:00