Ukrainian seed industry entered 2021 with new prospects and new challenges. For Ukraine, as one of the largest producers and exporters of agricultural products in the world, it is very imported to have developed and advanced seed industry. To give farmers high-quality seeds provide 90% of successful crop, particularly under the condition of climate changes. Role of Ukraine in global food security put extra responsibility on government, researchers, and representatives of seed industry for promotion of the development of the sector.
In order to discuss current trends in the seed market and the latest changes in the industry, the Seed Association of Ukraine, in partnership with APK-Inform news agency and with the support of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, announces the annual Online Seed Forum - 2021 event, which will be held online on the ZOOM platform . The event will actually take place on the eve of the spring sowing campaign.
Key topics of the Forum:
- Trends and prospects for development of Ukrainian seed industry under the condition of climatic changes and state-to-state relations
- Export of seeds from Ukraine to Europe: challenges and prospects
- Changes in seed production policy of producing companies: short-term trends
- Planting campaign of 2021: supply and demand balance
- Preferences of Ukrainian farmers: current trends
- Forecast of production of main agricultural crops in Ukraine in 2021 and global trends of agricultural markets
- Agroclimatic conditions of 2021 - any reason for optimism?
- state representatives
- seed experts
- producers and suppliers of seeds
- crop breeders
Participation is free of charge
Conference language: Russian and English (simultaneous translation)