Day 1, April 25
8:30-9:45 Registration of participants. Welcome Party Coffee
9:45-10:00 Official opening of the conference
- Ministry of the Agriculture of Kazakhstan
- Ministry of the Trade and Integration of Kazakhstan
10:00-12:00 Session 1. Economy and Food Security
- 10:00-10:20 Economy of the Central Asian region in 2023: global and regional factors of influence. Main challenges and opportunities for Kazakh agribusiness and food market
Eric Livny, leading regional economist with EBRD
- 10:20-10:40 Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan: strategic trade partnership. Implementation of the joint projects in agriculture
The Ministry of Trade and Integration of Kazakhstan
- 10:40-11:00 Factors holding back the further development of the agriculture
Erbol Eseneev, Deputy Chairman of the Board of the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Atameken"
- 11:00-11:40 Global food security in today's turbulent times is a big chance for Kazakhstan: an action plan
Special guest Suvra Chakraborty, Director of AMC Overseas FZE, International Consultant International Trade Center (Joint Agency of the UN & WTO), Geneva, Switzerland, International Consultant Food and Agriculture Organization (UN), Rome, Italy, Consultant of “Center for Trade Policy Development “QazTrade”, Kazakhstan
11:40-12:10 Coffee break
12:10-13:30 Session 2. Global and regional trends of the grain market: preliminary results of 2022/23 MY, expectation from 2023/24 MY
- 12:10-12:30 Global wheat market in 2022/23 MY. Expectation from 2023/24 MY: what regions and what factors will influence the formation of global trends
Alexander Karavaytsev, Senior Economist with International Grains Council (IGC)
- 12:30-12:50 Grain market of Kazakhstan: whether the expectations of a high-yield year were justified. Prospects for 2023/24 MY
To be agreed
- 12:50-13:10 Trends and prospects of the grain market in Uzbekistan: preliminary results of 2022/23 MY, estimates of harvest and demand for wheat in 2023/24 MY
To be agreed
- 13:10-13:30 - Questions to the speakers
14:30-17:00 Session 3. Oilseed Market of the Central Asia region: realities of 2022/23 MY. Results of the FH of the season forecasts for the SH of the year
- 14:30-15:00 Global oilseeds market trends: prospects for the second half of the season
Jonathan Grange, partner, Sunstone Brokers
- 15:00-15:20 Oilseed market of Kazakhstan: development in the new realities
Yadykar Ibragimov, Chairman of the Association of Legal Entities "National Oilseed Processors Association" (NOPA)
- 15:20-16:00 Sunflower — a high yield in complicated conditions!
Dmitry Shatsman, candidate of agricultural sciences, director of the company «Evrosem"
- 16:00-16:20 High Protein Sunflower Meal Market Trends
To be agreed
- 16:20 -16:40 Oilseeds market of Uzbekistan: current trends and expectations for the SH of the season
Representative of the Association of Oil and Fat Enterprises of the Republic of Uzbekistan "Uzyogmoysanoat"
- 16:40-17:00 Discussion with speakers
17:00-17:30 End of the first day of the conference. Photoshoot
18:30-21:30 #AGC Gala Dinner
Day 2, April 26
09:30-10:30 Morning coffee break
10:30–12:00 Session 1. Discussion. Grain logistics: new possibilities & old problems
Moderator: Kanat Kobessov, Chairman of the Board of the National Association of Exporters "KazGrain"
- Export routes of Kazakh grain to global markets: transformations— 2022-2023
- Logistics Opportunities and Stresses in 2022/23 MY
- What should be of the grain market and grain logistics
- Kanat Kobessov, Chairman of the Board of the National Association of Exporters "KazGrain"
- Beiseeva Aizhan, USAID Central Asia Trade Program, Transport Corridor Development Advisor
- Mukhaev Erbol, CEO of CILT CENTRAL ASIA
- Tulendiev Yerlan, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Global Network Logistics LLP
- Gaidar Abdikerimov, Secretary General of the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route (Middle corridor)
12:00-12:30 Coffee break
12:30-14:00 Session 2. Pulses market: global trends. Prospects for Kazakhstan
- Global pulses market: global trends
- Turkish market: current trends, prospects for 2023/24 MY
- The market of pulses in Kazakhstan: prospects for production and export
- Prospects for the development of the pulses processing market in Kazakhstan
- Logistics support of pulses production in Central Asia
- Hussein Arslan, President of the Global Pulse Confederation (GPC)
- Representative of Arbel company (Turkey) (to be agreed)
- Representative of Atamaken-Agro
15:00-17:00 Session 3. Trends in the market of grain processing in Central Asia
- The flour market of Kazakhstan: what is the plot of the 2022/23 season. Prospects for flour milling in Kazakhstan while maintaining the current realities of the state of the industry
Evgeny Gan, ex-president of the association "Union of grain processors of Kazakhstan»
- Prospects of the deep grain processing in Kazakhstan. Opportunities of Kazakhstan in the biofuel market development. Environmental factor.
Evgeny Pushchik, Deputy General Director for Project Development, BioOperations LLP
- Prospects of the groats and cereals market development
- Modern methods of grain processing. Production of a new generation of products
Igor Drobnitsa, Head of Sales in CIS countries, Baltic countries and Ukraine, CEREX AG
- What is happening in the feed market of Kazakhstan?
- Discussion: “What will help the Kazakh grain processing industry?”
17:00-17:30 Completion of the conference.
*The agenda can be changed