13:00-16:00 Conference time
Moderator - Anna Tanskaya, head of the local markets department of APK-Inform Agency
Welcoming speech of representatives of AGA Partners
Section I. How did the global No4 exporter of corn faced the defaults and what to do now?
• Prospects of corn market in Ukraine in 2020/21 MY: total price volatility and tough competition
• Hidden hazards of possible corn defaults and ways out
• History of Ukrainian corn market: why the queen of fields took the fall this year?
• Defaults, losses, GAFTA arbitration and recovering payments in Ukraine. Assessment of legal risks of the current market situation
• Corn insurance: what experience will 2020 bring to us? (specific cases)
• Global corn market trends from the point of view of floor trader. What is wrong with default and how stock exchange tools could minimize losses?
• Efficiency of risk hedging under the context of uncertainty: what could help traders and farmers?
Section II. Panel discussion “Farmers vs Traders: why it is so difficult to reach compromise sometimes?!”
- Who is in the right and who is with the law?
- How to lower the tension and avoid reoccurrence?
- Why forward failed? Do they have a future in Ukraine?
- How often representatives of Ukrainian agribusiness use risk hedging tools and why?
- Why some farmers still consider agricultural insurance as a way to profit off them?
- What is the selling strategy of farmers and where is the roof of corn prices? How will it affect corn competitiveness?
- Will we see the restriction of corn export or implementation of state regulation of prices? How will it impact the market?
Mykhailo Sokolov, Deputy Chairman, Ukrainian Agri Council
Andrey Bogdanets, member of parliament, Head of Deputative Agricultural Union
Tatyana Alaverdova Head of Sales, HarvEast
Roman Gorobets, CFO, FE Astra
Oleg Levchenko, Director of Physical Trading and Origination, ARIA Commodities
Elena Neroba, Business Development Manager, Maxigrain
Natalja Skuratovic, Key Account Manager, PETKUS Holding GmbH
Questions to speakers. Close of the conference
* Agenda is subject to change