Poland – Gates to Europe for oilseeds and by-products
Right now, inflationary processes and geopolitical changes are gaining momentum in the world, trade flows are being redistributed and new supply chains are being established, which will affect the formation of demand and price dynamics on the oilseed market in the new season.
The EU countries are one of the largest buyers of raw materials and products of the fat-and-oil sector. According to the USDA, over the past 5 years, the EU imported an average of 36% of world trade in sunflower meal, 35% in rapeseed, 32% in sunflower seed, 26% in soybean meal and 19% in sunflower oil. The annual import of three main oilseeds and their by-product to the EU exceeds 55 mln tonnes in total.
Ukraine is one of the key suppliers of these products to the European market. According to the European Commission, in 2021/22 MY, Ukraine accounted for more than 83% of the import of sunflower oil, 46% of the import of sunflower seed, 38% of soybean oil, 32% of sunflower meal, 25% of rapeseed meal, and 21% of rapeseed oil. A total of 5.4 mln tonnes of main oilseeds and their by-products were delivered to the EU from Ukraine in the previous season, which was almost 10% of the total volume of imports.
In particular, it is worth noting Poland, which currently acts as a key partner both for Ukraine and our partner in the formation of trade with oilseed products in particular and agricultural products in general.
In Poland, APK-Inform Agency will hold a landmark event for the industry to discuss the future prospects of the oilseed market.
Exclusive information on the prospects of the oilseed sector in the new season as well as the most relevant and pressing issues of the world trade in oilseed and by-products will be discussed at the international conference Fat-and-Oil Industry-2022.
Key topics of the conference
- Prospects for the production and processing of sunflower seed in the world and, in particular, in the Black Sea region in 2022-2023.
- Global redistribution of sunflower by-products trade flows
- Key producers and exporters, what awaits them in the new season
- Reduction in the supply of Ukrainian sunflower oil: functioning of Ukrainian ports, price dynamics, sales markets
- Capacity loading and processing efficiency in Ukraine in conditions of high market uncertainty
- Global trends in the world market of vegetable oils and their impact on Ukraine
- Market of crude oil products and biofuels as a key price driver
- High-oleic sunflower seed: processing or export
Target audience: oilseed processors and traders, international trading companies, importers, agricultural holdings, industry organizations, leading agricultural experts, equipment manufacturers, key exporters and consumers of oilseeds and by-products, representatives of scientific organizations, etc.
The event will be held in compliance with all necessary sanitary standards.
Conference hotel: Novotel Warszawa Centrum, Marszałkowska 94/98, Warsaw, 00-510, Poland