Russia exported record volume of grain by railway to Kazakhstan in 2019/20 MY – 703 thsd tonnes. This volume can be surpassed this season, declared Igor Pavensky, Head of strategic marketing department at Rusagrotrans within Asia Grains&Oils Conference in Qazaqstan on November 17.
“Last year, the railway export to Kazakhstan declined to 641 thsd tonnes (-8.7%). It has already exceeded 422 thsd tonnes in the first four months of this season. Hence, we can assume that the overall volume will be bigger than the previous record”, – the expert supposed.
In July-October 2021, Russia exported about 800 thsd tonnes of grain by railway and auto transport to Kazakhstan.
“The share of railway transportation has exceeded 50% for the first times in the overall export from Russia to Kazakhstan. It was 30-40% in the recent years. Wheat is the main export crop. It share has amounted to 90% this season, up from 68% last year”, – he specified.
Russia exported 19.2 mln tonnes of grains and pulses in July-October, including supplies to the EAEU, down by 2.9 mln tonnes y/y.
Export potential of Russia grains and pulses is forecast at 41.43 mln tonnes this season, including supplies to the EAEU, down from 51.45 mln tonnes in 2020/21 MY. Particularly, wheat export will decrease to 32.2 (39.2) mln tonnes, barley – 4.1 (6.5) mln tonnes, corn – 3.2 (3.95) mln tonnes.