"Features of the grain market and agricultural logistics in terms of
the virus crisis"
2020 became the year of the "Great lockdown" for the global agricultural market. COVID-19 actually took on the role of a trigger for the oncoming global economic crisis. Due to the current pandemic, the grain segment and maritime logistics industries faced the "storm market conditions", which changed not only the customary course of people's lives, but also the working conditions, business operations, and trading relations. Taking into account the leading role of grain and maritime logistics in supporting the global food security, the quarantine restrictions added some panic not only to the population, but also to the governments of many countries. The abnormal weather and climatic conditions provided additional concerns to the pattern of development of the grain market in the second half of the grain season-2019/20.
Since the current situation, which developed in the world in terms the COVID-19 spread, does not allow organizing a meeting of participants of the grain market and marine industry in Ukraine, within frames of the conference Grain&Maritime Days in Odessa 2020 (May 27-30), APK-Inform Agency and Interlegal invite you to participate in the international online conference "Features of the grain market and agricultural logistics in terms of the virus crisis", to be held on May 28-29, 2020.
For two days, speakers of the online conference will cover the most topical issues of the grain market development and maritime logistics, in terms of the current virus crisis.
The conference agenda covers the following issues:
May 28 — Section "Global grain perspective"
- Development of the global grain market in terms of the agro-climatic and economic instability
- Formation of the pattern of grain export trading in 2020/21 MY in the Black Sea region
- Grain market logistics: trends & challenges-2020
May 29 — Section "Anti-crisis lessons: from pandemic to panic"
- Impact of COVID-19 on the marine transportation industry
- Ides of May. How should agribusiness and logisticians prepare for the crisis
- Quarantine + Customs = Result. Trends of container shipping, forecasts of the imports, and "new customs"
- How does a shipowner live in the crisis
- Risk insurance: what one can foresee, and what one needs
- Future of the logistics and marine transportation: what to prepare for? People, cargoes & processes
The event will be held in English and Russian, on the Zoom platform.
The organizers will provide simultaneous interpreting for convenience of all conference participants.