GrainTrade: new season – new challenges – is a slogan of the second session of GMD Conference 2020: Summer Edition (August 20, Odessa).
Market participants understood that the season-2020/21 would be challenging long before it started. Besides the global problems (economic crisis, coronavirus pandemic, concerns regarding the second wave of COVID-19 and lockdown), the weather conditions keep everyone up. Apart from difficulty to forecast the production volume, there are many concerns as to the quality of grain.
The nontariff trade regulations of many key importers of Ukrainian grain, particularly the EU and Asia, fuel the situation.
It is not the entire story. More information regarding the challenges faced by the grain market participants and hot discussions you can get within the section GrainTrade: new season – new challenges.
- Start of 2020/21 MY: what has it brought to us (results of the first month, trade activity, crop quality and quantity expectations, safety issues)
- Quality and safety of grain of the harvest-2020: under the influence of weather and agrochemistry
- New requirement of importers – new tasks for Ukrainian grain market participants
- Influence of tariff and nontariff barriers of importers on grain market development
- New dimensions of technical non-tariff regulation of GAFTA policy in grain sector
- Key risks and challenges of season-2020/21
- Commodity vs niche segment: what is the future?
Mykola Gorbachev, the President of the Ukrainian Grain Association will be the moderator and key speaker of the session. Alexsander Zhemoyda, Director of the Department for Multilateral and Bilateral Trade Agreements at the Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine, Arina Korchmaryova, Vice President - Baltic, Black and Caspian seas Business Group at Cotecna Inspection, Eugenia Novozhilova, Kiev office of GAFTA and other market experts will take part in the discussion.
Join the discussion, ask issues exercising, get qualitative information and be ready to any challenges.
GMD Conference 2020: Summer Edition – hot issue of the hot season