On November 5, 2019, in the capital of Kazakhstan — Nur-Sultan — the global and domestic experts will again meet together to discuss the current trends in development of the oilseed market in the new season-2019/20.
The conference venue — the hotel Rixos President Astana.
To date, the fat-and-oil industry of Kazakhstan is under the development stage, and demonstrates rather significant results for ten recent years.
Oilseed Kazakhstan: achievements of the recent decade
- Since 2011/12 MY, Kazakhstan started slowly but steadily strengthening its positions as the producer of oilseed crops. According to the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan, since 2012 in terms of the state program of diversification of crop planted areas in Kazakhstan, the areas under oilseeds increased by more than 1 mln ha, and the average annual production of oilseeds increased by 1 mln tonnes.
- In 2018/19 MY, as well as according to the forecasts for 2019/20 MY, Kazakhstan enters the TOP-10 in the global rating of countries-producers of oilseeds. Also, Kazakhstan takes the first position in the production of flaxseed, 8th — sunflower seed production, and 10th — rapeseed production.
- In the period of from 2011/12 - 2018/19 MY, Kazakhstan increased the export volumes of major oilseeds (flaxseed, sunflower seed, rapeseed, soybeans) in more than 2.5 times, and entered the TOP-10 of countries-exporters of oilseeds.
- Since 2011/12 MY, the annual production of vegetable oils in Kazakhstan increased in nearly 1.5 times, while the export volumes — up almost 4 times.
- The world tasted the flavour of Kazakh sunflower oil, and the country took its position in the TOP-10 of sunflower oil exporters. China became the main importer of Kazakh oilseeds.
- Kazakhstan is the single country in the world, which realized such dynamic breakthrough in the short period: for 10 recent years, the country left the TOP-10 of importers of sunflower oil, and confidently entered the TOP-10 of sunflower oil exporters.
At the same time, Kazakhstan shows no sign of letting up. On July 25-27, 2019, participation of the large-scale delegation of the heads of oil production plants from Uzbekistan in the workshops "Promotion of the QazMai umbrella brand", organized in Nur-Sultan shortly before the beginning of the international conference "Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan: Fat-and-oil industry", to be held in Tashkent, on September 19-20, 2019, became one more confirmation of the trend.
What are the future prospects of development of the oilseed market in Kazakhstan?
- Will Kazakhstan keep its positions in the rating of the global producers and exporters of oilseeds in the new season?
- Will there be new favorites of oilseed crops among Kazakh farmers and exporters?
- How will the program "Northern soybeans" be realized, and how it will load the processing capacities?
- Does it work smoothly in the segment of oilseed processing, and what are the major barrier for its further development?
- What will the Kazakh market choose — either the exports of raw materials, or the exports of value-added products? Sunflower seed exports vs sunflower oil exports!
- What will be the demand of the major countries-importers of oilseed raw materials and its by-products?
- What crops will form the main trends in development of the global oilseed market in 2019/20 MY?
- The third international fat-and-oil conference of Kazakhstan — KazOil2019 — will raise the reporting and many other issues.
The organizers invited the leading international and domestic experts as conference speakers.
Expected number of participants — 200+
Nearly 200 participants from 18 countries visited the conference KazOil2018. The geography of participants covered such countries as Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, China, Iran, India, the United Arab Emirates, European countries, etc.
Target audience: oilseeds producers, agricultural holdings, associations, crop processing plants, companies-exporters and importers of oilseeds and its by-products, suppliers of oilseed storage and processing equipment, material and technical resources (seeds, crop protection products, machinery, fertilizers), logistics companies, analytical agencies, banks, investment funds, government entities, commodity exchanges and brokers, etc.
Conference geography: Kazakhstan, Russia, China, other countries of the CIS, the Eurasian Economic Union, Asian and European countries.
Conference languages: Russian, English.