As of May 12, 90% of planned area of early spring crops have already been planted in Ukraine, the Ministry of Agrarian Policy informed. In Volyn, Vinnytsia, Kirovohrad and Dnipropetrovsk oblasts, the planted area under spring wheat was increased by 10-15% y/y.
Particularly, farmers have planted:
- spring wheat – 187.5 thsd ha (forecast – 189.6 thsd ha)
- spring barley – 918.8 thsd ha (1.024 mln ha)
- oats – 156.7 thsd ha (163.6 thsd ha)
- peas – 123.9 thsd ha (145.7 thsd ha)
- buckwheat – 12.2 thsd ha (81.6 thsd ha)
- millet – 22.5 thsd ha (62.3 thsd ha)
- corn – 3.239 mln ha (4.854 mln ha)
Moreover, farmers have planted 3.29 (4.935) mln ha with sunflower seed, 26.7 (29.8) thsd ha with spring rapeseed and 728.6 thsd ha (1.253 mln ha) with soybean.
Planted area under sugar beet amounted to 181.4 (206.9) thsd ha.
Farmers of all oblasts of Ukraine except Luhansk are carrying the spring planting campaign. Luhansk oblast is under full-scale military activity.